Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wisdom of Friends!!

As a parting gift at my high school, it is tradition that at our last chapel of the year each junior selects a graduating senior and prepares a little encouraging thought for them. A great friend of mine, looked me in the eye that day, and repeated some words from Winston Churchhill, "History is lived by people, but it's important people that write history" and he went on to say that he has always thought of me as one of those important people.

Sometimes we loose touch with who we really are, we get caught up in the mundain drama of life, but we all must realize sooner or later that we can only be who we are. For some reason i found myself hiding everything these last few years, i dont know if it was just me not wanting to be known as a nerd or as the one that can fix anything... that everyone comes to for help... but i've realized that even though sometimes those things can really stress you out... that its within those instances that you truly find yourself, and you find the joy of life.

I've come to realize one thing though over the years, that its not the people that have the fancy titles or have a lot of money or a perfect body, but its those people that truly enjoy life, that are those important people that churchill was talking about. And i am going to go back to being happy again, with no one to tell me other wise. I've spent so many years just wasting away trying to make other people happy, that i've forgotten that sometimes you have to make your own life happy!!!

No comments: